Our new season is now open: Spring 1677 !
Definition of the Age of Intrigue Wiki
Age of Intrigue maintains a wiki for the widely diverse information needed to run the game, as played on the AoI boards and describe the setting on a day to day basis. The wiki is intended as a never ending encyclopedia regarding the setting of Age of Intrigue (or AoI), and only AoI. Issues regarding other games, spam, or (political) debates concerning other periods of history will be swiftly removed.
Kinds of Information
We recognize the following kinds of information on the AoI wiki:
- FAQ ~ these are helpful How to or "Q&A" articles that quickly help a character solve a problem. This includes explanations of the rules and the Terms of Service.
- Areas~ This can be general articles as well as game location descriptions.
- Biographies ~ this is the listing of both current and deceased NPC's and PC's and their impact on AoI history & politics.
- Religion ~ detailing an obvious part of AoI, this allows for IC updates and developments.
- Science ~ learn what is know at the time and what developments there are in this age of reason
- Timelines ~ what happened on which day? Where are we coming from? A day to day description.
- Glossary ~ terms might be described shortly and succinctly with linking to more lengthy explanations.
- Essay or General Subject ~ Just about any topic that is relevant for AoI
Expected Behaviour at the AoI Wiki
The AoI Wiki follows the Terms of Service and general Wiki etiquette regarding the behaviour of users. This means:
1. Respect people even if you do not agree with them. Do not rant, flame or deliberately invoke what you know will be a row. Avoid personal attacks. Do not participate in edit wars but seek counselling with the authorities, aka AoI staff. Just be cool.
2. Be courteous: Assume good faith. Seek consensus through the discussion pages. Be open and welcoming.
3. Your articles can and will be edited by anybody. Nobody is an expert, except all of us together. Please do not enter an edit war (repeatedly changing or reverting contentious sections of an article).
4. Provide a neutral point of view: make sure that all significant views are represented fairly and without bias. Whigs and Tories work together on this one.
5. Please keep this Wiki effective for AoI. This is not the place for rants, opinions, newspaper articles, editorials etc. Do not simply move information from wikipedia to this wiki if a link suffices. When adding information you are asked to keep to the established lore as shown in the day of day running of AoI, if possible citing the information on our play forums as proof of attribution. Moderators will act as administrators, prevent vandalism and maintain a neutral point of view in as far as possible. Statements by the Privy Council, using the admin login, are final.
6. The AoI Wiki is not the place to introduce original ideas and material. It is intended to be a reference guide to the world described in the IC forums. If you have a great idea for something you'd like to see added to AoI, post it for discussion in the Game Design forum, not here.
7. Be bold. The only one who can fill the gap in our knowledge is you! Please help us by filling our wiki.
8. You can only edit material if you create a special AoI wiki account. Please only use one account to adapt our AoI wiki and refrain from creating "sock puppets" to agree with you or force polls. Same rule as in our forums.
9: Vandalism is defined as any bad faith attempt to add bad jokes, nonsense or spam to the AoI Wiki. It is cause for a ban from our community (wiki, forums and chat).
10. All knowledge of the AoI Wiki is OOC knowledge only. To use it IC on our playforums you will need to be able to proof to your moderator that it is realistic and logical for your character to have this knowledge IC.
11. As stated in our Terms of Service which also apply to the AoI wiki you give AoI and Ageofintrigue.com first rights to any material submitted which means that although the material remains your intellectual property.