Our new season is now open: Spring 1677 !
Charles Stuart sr
- Character Name: Charles Stuart, styled Charles I upon coronation
- Title: King of England, Scotland, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith etc.
- Estate Name:
- Nationality: English, Scottish
- Age: (b.1600-d.1642)
- Gender: Male
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Hair Colour: Brown
Physical Attributes & Initial Impression of Personality
Fragile health.Charles I was shy and diffident, but also self-righteous, stubborn, opinionated, determined and confrontational. Charles believed he had no need to compromise or even explain his policies and that he was only answerable to God.
Second son of James I, he was an underdeveloped child who was still unable to walk or talk at the age of three. When he was King, Charles I had ever increasing issues with controlling government till he finally was executed by parliamentary forces in 1642. See also the Civil War.
Married Henrietta Maria
- Charles James, Duke of Cornwall 13 March 1629 13 March 1629 Stillbirth.
- Charles II, King of England 29 May 1630
- Mary, Princess Royal 4 November 1631 24 December 1660
- James Stuart Duke of York 14 October 1633
- Elizabeth, Princess of England 29 December 1635
- Anne, Princess of England 17 March 1637 8 December 1640
- Catherine, Princess of England 29 January 1639 29 January 1639 Stillbirth
- Henry, Duke of Gloucester 8 July 1640 18 September 1660 No issue.
- Henrietta Anne, Princess of England 16 June 1644 30 June 1670