Our new season is now open: Spring 1677 !
One Rule to Rule them All: Have Fun
This game is the virtual living room of the Privy Council and thus subject to common sense and common courtesy. We are fairly laid back when it comes to OOC matters. As a consequence, while there are rules, we usually point out we only have one important rule: to have fun.
As we are a selfhosted site we have official Terms of Service, but the abridged version of our OOC rules regarding behaviour is as follows:
- This is a game. The primary purpose of the game is to have fun. The Privy Council is here to ensure the game stays fun for all. There fore the following is forbidden:
- participating in such a way as to ruin the fun of others (e.g. flaming/ranting, trolling, harassment, bullying, inappropriate behaviour or remarks, lack of common courtesy or common sense, breaking rules etc.)
- players younger than 18. This game has mature themes that may offend the young, or their parents. Dealing with offended players and parents ruins our fun.
- infringing copyrights can ruin our fun too, so when you borrow some image or content, be sure you can under a fair use clause or get the permission of the owner and give credit. Do not hotlink images. You can upload them to our server.
- whining about what happens to your content after you have left, or the copyrights of material you submit. Anything you contribute to the game becomes the property of the game. You have a right to use it elsewhere as well, but we will not delete your material simply because you want to leave the game, for example.
- whining/gossiping behind our backs about something you don't like and other associated drama. We are a friendly bunch and practise open communication. If you have a complaint about any aspect of the game or other players, send a PM to a member of the Privy Council or post it in your Player compendium. If you don't, the issue will remain unsolved. Your loss of fun.
- forgetting that moderators want to have fun too. They are human beings with real lives who deserve common courtesy and some patience.
- If you've done something wrong, we'll talk to you, don't worry. However the Privy Council may ultimately remove you from the game. We are the sole arbitrator of what is fun in this game.
Not strictly OOC behaviour governing rules, but our webmaster has asked that you keep the following in mind.
See Also Avatars FAQ
We don't do faceclaims. We prefer historical looking movie stills, photos or period paintings. If you can't find something appropriate ask us for help. That is what we are there for. Size: 150x150
Title under your Avatar
This is to help players know how your character should be addressed. In addition we add a few keywords that describe your character. What keywords we use is totally up to you.
Lord so and so / dashing fencing hero
We do not have a standing policy on signatures. Anything goes. Recent trends include:
- a crest
- a motto
- your characters reputation as recently awarded by other players
For signatures, we prefer you to stick to a maximum height of 200px in total, so if you want text under your crest aim for a max size of approx 150x150 px, smaller if there is a lot of titles you want to list. You can consider using your profile for some information instead. No flash/moving gifs. This is a lay out request to keep our forums IC text oriented.
Pictures in Threads
Posting pictures in lieu of descriptions in what is basically a creative writing game does not always work storywise as it interrupts the flow of writing and sometimes people would like to imagine things for themselves. Of greater growing concern is that threads with pictures load very slow for players who are still on dial up, which is a surprisingly large number. In order to remain inclusive we would therefore like to ask that you upload pictures you are using in the wiki and provide a link in the thread. Clicking the link then is a choice that people with technical difficulties can avoid.