Our new season is now open: Spring 1677 !
Great forethought had gone into the celebrations and the need for the certain members of the Royal Family and other prominent nobles to worship in the place befitting their faith.
At great instance the Duke of York had seen to it that a small yet lavish room had been consecrated. A rich altar cloth, richly adorned with gold thread, glittered in the candlelight. Over it a gilded figure of the Christ. Around the edges of the room were several carved marble pieces depicting the Stations of the Cross.
Set on one side was an ornately carved confessional of rich mahogany.
An open invitation to attend had been issued to every Catholic courtier who was in attendance and residing in the Castle for the festivities.